Monday, October 27, 2008

Ski Trip Update - Beaver Creek

I just wanted to put up a quick confirmation of the ski trip. The dates are still the last week of January 2009, Jan 24 - Jan 31. We are going to Beaver Creek, Colorado which is close to Vail and between the two resorts there should be plenty of skiing for the week. As noted before, they share a common lift pass, and one can buy a season pass before Nov 15 for approximately $600. If you were going to go skiing out West more than once this season, it would make sense to get that option, but you would have to act in the next few weeks.


So far the folks who have responded are Yuji, Sean (part of the week), and Rajiv. I am assuming Andy will probably join us as well. Note that spouses/SO's are welcome, and although I am planning on having J. join us, nothing is guaranteed. (I point that out just in case there are SO's who might want to join us but only if other women might be there)

So I guess the summary is
  • The trip is on -- for Jan 24 to Jan 31, 2009
  • We're going to Beaver Creek, Colorado

  • Currently Yuji, Sean, Rajiv, me/Jenn?, Andy?
Action steps in the next two weeks would be to
  • Line up vacation / time off

  • Consider the season pass option, and prospectively purchase

  • Determine if you are bringing anyone

  • Investigate paid or frequent flyer flights - whether to Denver / Eagle

  • Figure out housing (I will advise on this in November)

The economy is clearly slower this year than in the past, so flights/housing/passes are not as urgent as before...but I can't front the house as I have in the past. Sometime in November, once we get a final handle on attendees, and I start the house hunt, please keep some funds on hand for that expense.

Plant

PS: Our dear friend Holly, who we skiied with in Grand Targhee, has some happy and sad news, which you can find on her blog.

No comments: