Saturday, October 11, 2008

A visit from my sister

My sister visited us last night, and we enjoyed a quiet night at home with the pets and some Asian food ordered in. We don't do much take out, but I could see how with services like delivery.com or seamlessweb that people might never want to turn on their stove. A few nights ago I went out for dinner with some friends in my tasting group and they sent me home with tons of leftovers for the dog. Amazingly Lena didn't have much interest at first, but today she got more enthusiastic about the meat, after I had deboned the chop, cubed it, and microwaved it. Our theory is that her sense of smell is so diminished that unless food is hot, she can't smell what it is.

Some out of town friends visited us tonight and we met them at Bar Americain, where we popped open a few older California wines. The ambience and service were good, but the food was average. Maybe I'm getting a cold - nothing has really tasted right for a few days.

No comments: