Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ski Trip 2007 ?

A few of you have started to inquire about possible ski trips in 2007, so here's some quick thoughts on this.

As most of you know, I'm getting married in March of 2007 (details forthcoming) and that will affect future ski trips in a variety of ways. I'm going to be using up a chunk of vacation time for a honeymoon, which generically reduces 07 season ski travel, but hopefully we can fit in a trip in the early part of the season.

These jaunts are truly one of the highlights of the year for me, and I don't want to end this ancient and honorable tradition, so I hope people can still find the time/resources for a compact adventure. It's always been appreciated how much people have sacrificed and juggled their lives around to get to these ski revivals.
I hope we can still reunite for an extended weekend in the first half of the season. Hypothetically, what do you guys think about

Martin Luther King Weekend
January 12 - 15, 2007

I'd like to meet at an easily accessed mountain, and stay ski on/ski out, even if we'll pay for that privilege. For a short trip, I begrudge the air/ground travel time even more than normal. I once had a great trip to Mont Tremblant in Quebec and would suggest that, although there are other mountains that meet the requirements. For a place that is not so far away , it feels remarkably European. Tremblant's village is probably more festive (and couples friendly -- even for non skiiers) than the places we usually go to. So consider this an opportunity to bring along significant others, whether they ski or not. We had a great time on the last ski trip to Canada when Guano brought his bitch, Midnight, along for the ride. She was a Very Good Girl and didn't snoop in the trash once.

Here's their official web site - Tremblant link

Anyways, let me know what you all think.

No comments: