Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fathers Day Pix

So for Father's day we combined it with Mitsommer, a traditional time to eat crustaceans in Sweden. I actually found a crayfish restaurant in South Sacramento ($10/lb, shell them yourself) but we decided to lobsters instead.

So off we we marched to the fresh Vietnamese seafood market, where we picked out 3 big and cranky three pounders, that had arrived that morning.
I set two large stockpots boiling with salted water, and grabbed the snapping beasts with my tongs. While this was going on, J and her mom made steamed beets and a side of dilled creamer potatoes, along with herring and cardamon crisps.
And then after cooking for 15-18 minutes, I shelled and shucked them into the white bowl. We had so much leftover that later J. made me dill & lobster salad sandwiches on brioche for lunch.

A very nice first Fathers Day and Mitsommer feast.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: