Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mind the nose...

...when you get close to the hungry hippos at feeding time at the zoo.  I was giving one of the girls a smooch right before it was time for them to get a bottle and -- the girls being hungry and not too discriminating -- she latched onto my nose.  I wrestled free and quickly subbed in a bottle of formula.  Rather amazingly, one of the formula manufacturers sent us a big box of their ready made product.  Apparently so many twin mothers are exhausted by trying to nurse naturally, that they are natural customers for the formula producers, with the added benefit of buying double.  So the sales reps haunt the hospitals and OB areas looking for leads on twin moms, to get hooked on the either the powder or liquid formats.
 
The economist is me is always amazed by all the market microstructures I observe in real life.

No comments: