Monday, February 05, 2007

Finally, lots of snow in Vermont

We just got back from Vermont, which was blessed with plenty of snow. We got at least 4" on Friday night (I was lucky to get up the road to the cabin) and another couple inches on Saturday night. Although this picture was not taken by us, this is what the village looked like.

On Saturday we went to Ludlow's Okemo mountain and Jenn skiied around the base area, while I read Harold Harb's book on Ski Flexing and Fitness. It was pretty good; I remember when I ordered this that it had been on back order for quite some time which was annoying. Amazon's value proposition drops when one has to wait for weeks or months to get something. It seemed to me that the mountain wasn't that crowded, at least from the parking lot and base area, but the others said there were some lines at the Northstar lift. Conditions were probably the best they have been all year -- fresh snow, clear skies, and although cold, not viciously so.

No comments: