Monday, August 28, 2006

Unrelated to skiing, well almost totally

Jim sent me this picture of (circa 1993 or 1994?) from when we used to work at Kidder, Peabody down in Hanover Square. It was a bulge bracket white-shoe (and white shirt!) American investment bank, brought down by heavy losses on the Treasury bond desk. Maybe this is rose colored backwards-looking sunglasses, but it was particularly festive working there. The guy to my left (Ed Lardner) came on a couple of our ski trips, notably to Lake Tahoe and Vermont, but I have not heard from him in some years. I'm guessing this picture must have been from a now defunct Mexican margarita shack on the South Street Seaport. Rather amazingly I think everyone in this picture -- other than Ed -- is still working in the finance/trading business still.

I'm seeing the orthopoaedist this afternoon again; my Achilles tendon has not responded all that well to ArthoTek. Moving this weekend may have inflamed it mildly again too.

No comments: