Monday, July 24, 2006

Ski Poster Blather


Although I had originally intended to avoid vintage ski posters in the apartment, due to the excessive number we have (many still unframed) , I've reneged on that weak mental pledge. The one above is a long time favorite and it's been brought back to NYC. The color combo -- claret & buttercream -- lines up perfectly with the walls and trim, which pleases my eye for consistency. By the way, if you ever ski the Comb du Vallon at Meribel, you have to take a Telepherique up to the peak. They serve only two runs , but both are exceptionally long (5000 vertical feet) and are steep, having been used for Olympic / FIS activity. They are weird though, since as I remember you have to stand the whole trip.

If I was Japanese, Arvimoto-san would say the print has feng shui.

No comments: