Saturday, November 15, 2008

Flights reserved

I went prowling around on American Airlines web site today and reserved frequent flyer flights for J and I, into Eagle County. We would be arriving into Eagle on Jan 24 at 10:30am, departing on Jan 31 at 9:55am.

I was surprised that I could still do this so relatively late, and using only the 25k level of miles, and that so many other days and flight options were available. It would appear that bookings are down, at least at that carrier. You can see the geography above, although I know many of you are familiar with this after our various trips to this region over the years.

Also I noticed that some Citi / AA cards are running promos into Denver for 20k miles with a special code during December. I don't know if that will get renewed for January, but again that's also surprising to see low cost ff tix into ski country during the winter.

If you have miles, it's worth checking this out.

No comments: