Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Finances


I will be having to send $3000 to the home owner next week to hold the house. Over the years, experience has taught me the wisdom of collecting money from attendees up front so I don't chase people for monies for the next 6.9 months. Accordingly, I'll be needing checks from people.
We do not have a precise handle on what the trip is going cost, at least from a collective sense. Last year we spend $5412 as a group, and it'll definitely be higher this year, due to increased lodging costs. Last year we collected $675 per person, and I'm assuming most of us spent around $1400 for the full week with airfare, lift tickets, and other various expenses included. $200/day is my usual cost estimate/guidance for skiing the Rockies in any case. (Europe tends to be an extra $100/day, with the Northeast tending to cost $100/day less).

I believe we will have 8 shares in the house (with 7 full ones) and (hopefully) Yuji/Doug splitting the week.

Plant
Bru
Spam
Waldo
Bagel
Guano
Alex
Doug/Yuji (mid week switchy switchy)

Here is my estimate of forecast expenses

housing 6000
car & gas 1000 (I am hoping this is less)
shirts 200
provisions 800 (we underestimated this last year)
------
$8000

At 8 shares, that works out to be $1000/person. The half share persons would be liable for $500. If we have more/less people attend I will make adjustments to make the number fair for everyone. Apparently the house is capped at 9 persons for short term rentals so I hope we are not oversubscribed.

If for some reason you are forced to pull out after signing up, we will make "best efforts" to find a replacement but can only reallocate the variable expenses (car, shirts, provisions) to the rest of the group. I can provide a letter to anyone whose employer forces a cancellation, so that you can attempt to get reimbursed.

As is our custom, room/bedding rap will be offered in order of payment so please remit monies to

Arvind Rao
411 E.57th St
Apt 2C
New York, NY 10022


I will advise upon receipt, and in what order they come in.

Thank you.

Plant